Central Alberta Wabamun Lakeside Motel
Welcome to Shoreside Inn & Suites in Wabamun, Alberta, lakeside motel lodging at its best. It would be our pleasure to provide you with exceptional hospitality, affordable rates, excellent service, and a lake view from every room. In anticipation of your arrival, the Management and Staff would like to thank you for choosing the Shoreside Inn & Suites.
The Shoreside Inn & Suites is the most reasonable motel accommodation in Wabamun for groups, families, and work crews.
Access to hotel services include:
- Happy Hour daily from 7:00 - 8:00 pm Complete with a Complementary Glass of Champagne
- Fitness Room
- Continental Breakfast Complete with Waffle Maker
- Laundry Service
- Pet Friendly Rooms Available - Pet Policy: Pets allowed based on the availability of pet-friendly rooms on the lower floor. A maximum of two dogs per room will be allowed. Additional pet types (cats for example) may be accepted at the inn's discretion. Pet rate is $10.00/day.
All pets must be registered with the front desk. A $100.00 penalty will be applied to guests who fail to register their pets.
Visit Shoreside Inn & Suites
View a promotional video for Shoreside Inn & Suites below:
Come Experience Wabamun!
In close proximity to Shoreside Inn & Suites is Lake Wabamun. Not only can you enjoy a comfortable stay, you can also partake in such activities as canoeing booked through the Wabamun Provincial Park; fishing booked through Get Hooked Fishing; sailing, and flyboarding arranged through Alberta Flyboards through to September 28, 2014! Ask our friendly staff for details on how to book such excursions.
We also have an amazing trail system that can be toured by foot or cycled with complementary use of our bicycles. We have a wonderful little pub down the street from our hotel that features 2 pool tables, a Ping Pong Table, and features karaoke on Thursday nights. There are neat little shops all around the Village of Wabamun for your shopping pleasure, all within a 15 minute drive. You have your choice of several golf courses as well all within 15 minutes.
DRAGONFLY FESTIVAL & UPFEST June 24-262016!
Experince small community charm with fun and adventure. Slow pitch tourament, movie night, music Jamboree, fireworks, Art Walk, Markets, Parade, car show, kids activities, BBQ, bowling, pancake breakfast, and a Outdoor concert on the main dock Feature band Trooper. FREE!!!!!
Perfect for Retreats
- 30 spacious and inviting rooms all over looking Wabamun Lake the Looking Glass Lake
- 4 distinct room types with all the amenities needed to create the perfect retreat or event
- Contact us to for more information on venues and services
Planning a trip through Alberta?
Make the Shoreside Inn & Suites one of your scenic stopovers!
Hit the road with your map in hand and find many of Alberta's hidden treasures. There is so much to see and do while on your trip such as a stopover in Wabamun at the Shoreside Inn & Suites.
Whether you are heading West to Jasper, or going East to Saskatchewan, Shoreside Inn & Suites can be your rest stop where you can recharge and discover the hidden beauty of Wabamun Alberta. Take a day or two to indulge in your favorite pastime or try a new one. Hiking, fishing, bird watching, golfing are just a few of the area's attractions in this rural community. The possibilities are as endless as your imagination.
Experience the Village Charm
When you come to Wabamun you will experience the Village Charm of this lakeside community. There is no rush to be anywhere or do anything while you are here.
Canada's Largest Dragonfly
Come check out Canada's Largest Dragonfly as you drive into Wabamun know as the Wabamun Angel. Until the winter of 1911-12, Wabamun was situated on the NW corner of Moonlight Bay, but they slid the buildings across the frozen lake, to follow the Railway!
Incorporated as a Village in 1912, the name means "looking glass" - and as a summer resort and outdoor retreat, it is totally first class! In a natural setting of wildlife, dragonflies, birds, and more, it is a community for all ages and seasons, a great place to live and explore!
Geocaching - What it is
Geocaching is the recreational activity of hunting for and finding a hidden object by means of GPS coordinates posted on the Geocaching website, it is a real-world treasure hunt that's happening right now, all around you.
Participants navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then attempt to find the geocache (container) hidden at that location. Currently there are 2,487,601 active geocaches and over 6 million geocachers worldwide!
How to Participate
First off go to http://www.geocaching.com At its simplest level, geocaching requires these 8 steps:
- Register for a free Basic Membership.
- Visit the "Hide & Seek a Cache" page.
- Enter your postal code and click "search."
- Choose any geocache from the list and click on its name.
- Enter the coordinates of the geocache into your GPS Device.
- Use your GPS device to assist you in finding the hidden geocache.
- Sign the logbook and return the geocache to its original location.
- Share your geocaching stories and photos online.
There are many other levels to the game. Keep reading the guide to learn more!
All this and more info at: http://www.geocaching.com/guide/default.aspx